We are firm believers in ‘Eat better quality meat less often’ and focusing on the veg when we design our menu.
Over 75% of main course options are either vegetarian, Vegan or plant-led (less than 80g of meat)
The following campaigns are in place at Borough Market:
- Purchasing meat from animals traditionally considered as waste, such as billy goat, retired dairy cattle or rose veal
- Supporting biodiversity by purchasing heritage breeds
- Increasing the number of vegetarian / vegan options
- Reducing meat portion size
- Using vegetables within meat dishes
At gourmet goat we pride ourselves on using fresh ingredients with no preservatives or additives.
- Each dish we serve has at least two portions of vegetables contained within them
- We offer balanced dishes with all the main food groups taken into consideration
- 95% our food is healthy, low in sugar and saturated fats. Nutritional information is available on all our main dishes.
- We offer a range of dishes suitable for vegetarians and vegans and those with special dietary needs. Some of these are marked on the menu while others can be tailored to the customers’ needs at the time of order
- We serve locally sourced fruit juices that contain only naturally sugars, less than 100 Cal and portioned controlled.
- We only use Extra Virgin Olive oil
- We prioritise organic produce were feasible to help reduce unnatural chemicals within the food
Signed by: N P Stokes
Title: Operations Director
Date: 20th June 2018