We believe that treating staff fairly will ensure a more productive working environment and the increased staff retention.
- All our staff irrespective of age are paid the London living wage as defined by the living wage foundation. This is currently £10.20 / hour
- All eligible staff will be automatically enrolled in a pension scheme and those not eligible have the option to opt-in.
- All staff can have free meals during their working shift
- All staff are entitled to 20mins paid break during each shift
- Training is available to staff in the following areas:
- Sustainability (part of the induction process)
- Knife skills
- Personal and Leadership development
- Business Finance and Management
- Producer visits are encouraged to the following suppliers
- Forty Hall Farm
- Kupros Dairy
There are two positions paid above the London living wage that staff can work towards and they are:
Staff interested in these positions should notify a Director and the appropriate training implements.
Good Performance Recognition and awards
It is important to us that Gourmet Goat staff are recognised for their good performance. Over the course of each week staff are informally monitored by managers and directors regarding their performance of their duties.
Example of good performance are:
- Carrying out all tasks to the required standards and without issue
- Taking the initiative when it comes to prepping for future service
- Spending extra time with customers beyond just serving them food
- Organising the kitchen to improve efficiencies
- Making changes to meet the food waste targets
- Making changes to meet the energy targets.
Good performance by staff will be communicated to them directly, verbally by their manager or director.
Special awards will be given at the annual party to those who have shown outstanding performance in one or more area.
Signed by: N P Stokes
Title: Operations Director
Date: 20th June 2017